Load testing Forms/EBS with JMeter and AuraPlayer Follow
This section will explain how to set up JMeter to perform Load testing on Oracle Forms/EBS Forms using AuraPlayer.
- Oracle Forms/EBS environment
- AuraPlayer server (ServiceManager)
- JMeter - for load testing
Performing load testing of Oracle Forms using JMeter is an easy and effective way to load your servers, especially if you use AuraPlayer for regression testing and / or for integrations with other systems. You can use the pre-built AuraPlayer services with JMeter without creating any new script.
In this section we'll explain how the solution works
- ServiceManager should be installed either on tomcat/weblogic servers, or on portable server on the user’s desktop.
- Test case should be created/recorded on ServiceManager
- Option A:
- AuraPlayer playback jars files should be installed on Jmeter (copy jar files to Jmeter lib)
- The test case should be exported to Jmeter - 2 files would be downloaded (java file and orpx file).
- Playback would be done from Jmeter directly
- Option B:
- Run HTTP requests from Jmeter against AuraPlayer ServiceManager
- Playback would be done from AuraPlayer ServiceManager
Load architecture direct (option A)
Load architecture through AuraPlayer (option B)
Configuring JMeter with AuraPlayer plugin
Install JMeter by:
- Downloaded JMeter from https://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
- Unzip the downloaded file to any directory (<JMETER_HOME>), for instance: C:\apache-jmeter
Configure AuraPlayer plugin in JMeter:
- For EBS environment, copy to <JMETER_HOME>\lib\ext directory the following files from <APACHE-HOME>\webapps\ServiceManager\WEB-INF\lib:
- For Oracle Forms environment, copy to <JMETER_HOME>\lib\ext directory the following files from <APACHE-HOME>\webapps\ServiceManager\WEB-INF\lib:
You have to make sure that AuraPlayerPlayback.jar is licensed for the servers that you want to test.
Create AuraPlayer Test case out of the Forms service
1. Go to Services and click on the Forms service that you want
2. In the Forms Service details page, click on Create Test Case (you can find more details in Create a Test Case)
3. Click on Save - it will create the test case in the AuraTester
Export the Test case to JMeter script
1. Go to AuraTester and click on the test case that you want from the list
2. On Test Case details page, click on Export-> JMeter
*Please note that we export only FORMS services to JMeter
This will download to your machine a zip file containing two files:
- JAVA file - The code to run the scenario in JMeter.
- ORPX file - This is the 'AuraPlayer scenario' for running the code
3. Extract them to a shared directory on the JMeter machine (for instance: C:\AuraTester)
- Open JMeter by running <JMETER_HOME>\bin\jmeter.bat
- Rename the Test Plan to AuraPlayer Test
- Right-click on AuraPlayer Test and click on Add ->Threads ->Thread Group
- Right click on Thread group and Add -> Sampler -> JR223 Sampler
- Rename the Sampler to TestCase (or any other name you would like), and change the language to Java.
- Open the downloaded test case's JAVA file in any text editor, copy and paste to the Script section
- Change the 'String filename' variable to the full path of the ORP file and make sure to change all the \ to \\ :
- You may also add Results Tree by right clicking on Test Plan: Edit -> Add -> Listener -> Show Results Tree
- And Summary Report, by right clicking on Test Plan: Edit -> Add -> Listener -> Summary Report
- Save the test plan in the same directory where the ORP and JAVA files are
- Run, by clicking on the play button
- While the test is running, in the upper right-hand corner, there should be a green circle. When the test is done, the circle should be grey. - if the script fails, you'll see how many error in red next to the warning icon .
- View the results on the console file.