EBS Attachments Flow (EBS 12.2 version) Follow
Uploading attachments using EBS from Java Forms, it involves OAF (HTML) pages in addition to Java Forms pages.
Uploading attachments using EBS involves generating a flow that would include both HTML and Forms full and partial services.
The flow should be:
- Login to EBS in HTML (and keeping the session open)
- Perform the flow on Java Form, and clicking on upload file.
- Perform upload file from OAF page, and waiting for approve
- In Java Form clicking on approve.
The main thing to keep in mind is maintaining two separate sessions for each type of service.
First, please restore the attached file, it includes a demo application and a few recordings it uses.
The following steps (and services) are required -
1. Login to EBS and extract the ICX_TICKET (HTML Full Service | keepAlive =true)
[In our example, we use the service getUrlWithTicket to extract the ICX_TICKET]
This is the entry point for the flow. We will record an HTML service that logins to the system and then extracts the ICX_TICKET parameter from the URL. This ICX_TICKET token is used by all of the HTML and FORMS services to maintain the same session.
It is likely that this specific service already exists in your system as it can be used for a variety of different workflows working with EBS 12.2.
2. Load the attachments table for the required transaction number (FORMS Full Service | keepAlive =true)
This service is responsible for checking the attachments table and finding out whether this is the first file being uploaded for the transaction number or whether a few other attachments had already been added.
To record this service
1. Open the transactions page on the form, and start the recording.
2. Load the attachments page and "load" the table into the service by putting the cursor on the first row and clicking "page-down".
Check the status bar parameter (StatusBarMessages) to make sure whether there are already other attachments in the table or not - If the status bar includes the text "FRM-40350" it means that the table is empty. In the RPA we check this condition and decide which service will be called next.
3. Add a new row for the attachment in the attachments table (FORMS Partial Service | keepAlive =true)
Depending on whether this is the first attachment to be added or not, use a service to add a new row to the table.
If it's the first row - please record entering data to the first row.
If it's not the first row - please record by clicking on the "Add New" button in the Form's toolbar and then enter the data to the second row.
Enter and fill in all required data until the file dialog opens up on EBS.
//Example for extracting the EBS URL from the StatusBarMessages parameter
var statusBar = PROCESS.uploadFile_Step2.output["StatusBarMessages"];
var hyperLink = statusBar.substring(statusBar.indexOf('http'), statusBar.indexOf(',_blank'));
This service is relying on the ICX_TICKET from step (2) during runtime.
4. Upload the file using the file input dialog on EBS (HTML Partial Service | Using HTML playback session from step 1)
Use the sessionId from step (1) to access the EBS URL generated during the previous step, upload the file, and submit.
5. Approve the file upload (FORMS Partial Service | Using HTML playback session from step 2)
Approve the file upload through the dialog box that appeared on the screen at the end of step 3.
The sessionId from step (2) should be used when calling this service.
The correct file name from the EBS screen should be displayed on the Form and you can use it for validation purposes.