Expose AuraPlayer application to public network Follow
Usually on AuraPlayer application there are 3 layers:
- Application (either HTML/mobile app)
- AuraPlayer Server (APIs recorded on top of Forms/HTML/DB/other)
- Backend server (Forms/HTML/DB)
The applications get/set data using calls to AuraPlayer server.
AuraPlayer server gets/sets data using connection to Forms/HTML/DB.
Usually the backend servers are on the internal network, and are not exposed to the public internet.
There are a few ways to set up the architecture, so it would be possible to get/set data on application on the public internet.
- VPN connection
All the layers reside in the internal network - AuraPlayer server installed in the internal network.
The client devices will have VPN connection, so they would be able to access the internal network from the public internet.
- AuraPlayer server installed in DMZ server
AuraPlayer server (ServiceManager) is installed on DMZ server. It is located inside the internal network (intranet) with access to the public internet:
- There would be specific port open from the public internet to the AuraPlayer server.
- The DMZ server would have access to only specific port for specific machine on the intranet - either Forms server, EBS server or other.
In this case there is no direct access from the internet to the EBS server, but only to AuraPlayer's server through REST calls - that would be done from the application.
- AuraPlayer is installed in the cloud
AuraPlayer is installed in the cloud. The Forms server/EBS would be installed in the DMZ – meaning, the Forms/EBS server would have specific port open to specific server IP address (AuraPlayer server). In this case, AuraPlayer server becomes completely public. This server would be the only one with access to the Forms/EBS server for specific port only.
*Usually the application can be stored in the cloud/public network, since the applications do not hold any data on its own – the application consumes data using calling to Services on AuraPlayer server.
**The ServiceManager can be stored in the cloud, because it does not hold any data on its own – AuraPlayer server gets data by calling the Forms/HTML/DB.