Recording Agent for Forms 11/12c Follow
Installation pre-requisites and permissions
Oracle Forms server version 9i or newer.
Permissions to the Forms Server (to add a jar file and a properties file to the Oracle Forms server Java folder and the ability to edit the formsweb.cfg file on the Oracle Forms Server machine)
You can record the Oracle Forms business process from any machine that can run the Oracle Forms URL. No significance to the operating system.
You may need to restart the Oracle Forms server if it is on version 11g in order to complete installation.
AuraPlayer installation Files - The files will be provided with the instalation
Installing the AuraPlayer Recording Agent on the Oracle Forms server
1) Copy the AuraPlayerAgent.jar and the auraplayer.properties files to Java home directory on the Oracle Forms server machine
Forms 11g R2 - <Middleware Home> for example:
2) If you are adding other jar files to your Oracle Forms environment, such as WebUtils, and you are signing them as part of your Oracle Forms deployment process, you have to sign AuraPlayerAgent.jar as well with the same certificate in order to avoid security collisions.
3) Add the AuraPlayerAgent.jar file to Oracle Forms' classpath. This can be done either by editing the Forms configuration section of your Form or by creating a new configuration section for AuraPlayer.
You can do it by editing the Forms configuration in WebLogic's Enterprise Manager in Section 1, or by editing the formsweb.cfg directly.
The location of formsweb.cfg is:
Forms 11g R2 –
<Forms Home config>\applications\formsapp_11.1.2\config
For example: C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\FRMDomain\config\fmwconfig\servers\WLS_FORM S\applications\formsapp_11.1.2\config
You must edit the formsweb.cfg file in notepad++ and add the AuraPlayerAgent.jar to the archive parameter, as follows:
Find “archive_” and add AuraPlayerAgent.jar to the end of the line. For example:
- archive_jini= AuraPlayerAgent.jar ,frmall_jinit.jar
- archive= AuraPlayerAgent.jar,frmall.jar
4) Make sure that in the parameter otherparams you'll have the record parameter equal to %record% in the forms web.cfg file
For example: otherparams=record=%record%
5) Restart WebLogic Forms Server - WLS_FORMS to complete the installation.