ServiceManager Installation for Tomcat Follow
Install & Configure Tomcat
In order to install and configure Tomcat on your machine, please follow the instructions on the apache-tomcat web site:
If may check that Tomcat is properly installed by navigating to http://<machine>:8080/ If you see Tomcat screen, it means that everything is installed correctly and should work as expected.
Configure Users in Tomcat for AuraPlayer
The following article will walk you through the steps on how to add users in Tomcat.
There are 4 roles types in AuraPlayer ServiceManager:
- Administrator - allows to fully administer data
- Example: <user username="user1" password="user1" roles="webuser"/>
- Manager - Allows managing their own data only
- Example: <user username="user2" password="user2" roles="manager"/>
- Developer - Members can create/access all resources, cannot manage server configuration.
- Example: <user username="user3" password="user3" roles="developer"/>
- Operator - Allows having limited accessibility
- Example: <user username="user4" password="user4" roles="operator"/>
Below are the steps to add users in Tomcat:
- Open with your preferred editor the file $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml . In most cases, it is located in /usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/cinf/tomcat-users.xml
- Append lines as in the example into that file within the tomcat-users node as in the following example:
<user username="user1" password="user1" roles="webuser"/>
<user username="user2" password="user2" roles="manager"/>
<user username="user3" password="user3" roles="developer"/>
<user username="user4" password="user4" roles="operator"/>
- Restart Tomcat
Deploy AuraPlayer's ServiceManager to Tomcat
Deploy ServiceManager.war to Tomcat - Manually
- Shutdown Tomcat Server
- Copy ServiceManager.war to the webapps directory under Tomcat Installation e.g. <tomcat>\webapps
- Start Tomcat Server
Deploy ServiceManager.war to Tomcat through application manager
- Login to Apache Tomcat manager.
- In 'War file to deploy' click on 'Choose File', and point to your ServiceManager.war file
- Click Deploy
Accessing the Service Manager Console
You can access the ServiceManger, by entering the server's URL and adding /ServiceManager .
For example: http://<Tomcat Server>:<port>/ServiceManager
The user name and password are your WebLogic admin passwords.
Once you enter your credentials you'll get to the following main screen:
Please refer to the Service Manager user guide for more information.
You have now deployed Service Manager to Tomcat successfully!