AuraPlayer Prerequisites and Installation Steps Follow
AuraPlayer Prerequisites for Full Deployment
- CPU: 4 cores (min.)
- Memory: 8GB (min.)
- Disk Space: 100GB available (min.)
* AuraPlayer can run on a VM Server
- Can either be Linux/Windows/AIX - preferably 64bit system.
- Linux server: any Linux version includes OEL, RedHat, CentosKernel, etc.
- Windows server: any Windows server version from Windows Server 2008 R2 and up.
- AuraPlayer is installed on Tomcat or WebLogic servers. Thus Java installation is required.
- If you would like to create services of any HTML workflow, EBS HTML workflows or use AuraPlayer's Template Application (*):
Java 8 and up is required
Java 6 and up is required. Java 8 and up is preferable.
* Services of html web pages (i.e., iExpenses, iProcurement, Approvals, etc)
Application Server Options
Either one of the following servers:
- Tomcat 7/8.5/9 - recommended Tomcat 9 64 bit.
- WebLogic 10.x and up.
* Server available memory 2GB and up.
* In order to have SSL communication to ServiceManager, setup SSL on the server that AuraPlayer is installed on.
Permissions for Installation
- Admin rights for application server installation (Tomcat or WebLogic)
- For Forms Recording:
1. Admin rights and access to Forms server (copy files, and edit config files).
2. Forms 11g/12c might require server restart.
- ServiceManager users and developers & Services consumers MUST have access to the Service Manager (either internal/external source).
- ServiceManager MUST have access to all the servers you would like it to expose - Whether it is your Forms Servers, EBS Servers, DB Servers - or any combination - preferably on the same network to have the best performance.
- Developers who create Forms or EBS services MUST have access from their client machine to the Forms servers or the EBS servers respectively.
- ServiceManager can be working behind Firewall/DMZ.
AuraPlayer's Installation Steps
Install AuraPlayer's Service Manager on either Tomcat or WebLogic.
Forms Recording Agent Installation (For development phase only)
This step is required only if you will be recording Oracle Forms application. Oracle Forms runs independently or within certain applications in Oracle EBS.
In many organizations the AuraPlayer's ServiceManager default installation and configuration is sufficient in order to record Oracle Forms. In those cases the following steps are not needed.
However, there are some cases such as SSO, where it is required to install a recording agent on the EBS or the Forms servers. The recording agent is different for each environment. Please select your system:
Developer Machine Configuration (For Development phase only)
- For recording Forms - Developer Machines Configuration for Recording Oracle Forms - This step is only required if you will be recording Oracle Forms application. Oracle Forms runs independently or within certain applications in Oracle EBS.
- For recording HTML pages - Install AuraPlayer HTML recorder - This step is only required if you will be recording HTML Pages, either within EBS web applications or independently.
1. Download standalone FireFox with AuraPlayer IDE - Download Link
2. Unzip the above file.
3. Open FirefoxPortable.exe
4. Click the button on the FireFox toolbar to open the IDE. Make sure the IDE window is opened.