Prefix services Follow
With prefix services you may easily set the result of a service - into the input of your current service.
For example, let's assume that you have a getIcxTicket service that returns output parameter 'ticket'.
Another service getSalesOrders needs to use this ticket in one of it's input parameters.
In such case, you may configure getIcxTicket as a prefix service in getSalesOrder.
Enable prefix services
To allow prefix services, go to Admin -> System Properties and set ALLOW_PREFIX_SERVICES = true.
Set a prefix service
Open your main service (e.g. getSalesOrder) -> Edit.
1. Click on the "Pre-service" button in the Input Parameters section:
The "Prefix Service" dialog will be displayed:
2. Enter as instructed:
- Prefix Service: select which service should run before this service.
- Output Parameter: select which output parameter of the prefix service has the value we want to use.
- Target: select an input parameter to receive the value from the prefix service.
In our example, we'll enter getIcxTicket, ticket and welcome_message.
3. Once you confirm the dialog, the input parameters of the prefix service will be appended to the input parameters of the current service.
You'll also notice that the Default Value of the 'Target' parameter, has received a special token that links it to the prefix service:
4. Save and run the service.
Your current service will start by executing the prefix service, it will assign the returned parameter, and finally run the current service itself.