Orpx Forms Recordings Follow
Recording & Playback
- When recording a new Forms service, both orp and orpx files will be saved.
- The service will use orpx by default (we keep the original orp as a backup).
- Existing services will continue to work as-is.
The "RECORD_AS_ORPX" flag in System Properties controls whether newly-created services will use orpx (or orp) - true by default.
OrpMigrate: Converting orp to orpx
- The .orp file must be located in the recordings folder (local_folder/recordings).
- Run: http://localhost:8080/ServiceManager/Macro/OrpMigrate/myFilename.orp
- The new .orpx will be saved to the recordings folder.
Set which recording file the service uses (advanced users only)
- Open the ServiceEditor in Edit mode (from the Services screen, open any Forms service -> Edit).
- On your keyboard, Hold the Shift key and Left click with your mouse on the "Filename" field*.
- The field will become editable and you may type a new file name (a whole new name, or just change the extension from orp to orpx or vice versa).
After saving, the service will use the new filename.
It is the user's responsibility to set it to an existing and valid file.
To clarify, this doesn't rename/move the file, it only points the service to a new filename.
* Filename editing is not supported in Internet Explorer.