UiPath - AuraPlayer Integration - How to use the Plugin Follow
Overview and Description
While there are many automation tools available, none of the leading automation solutions successfully and efficiently record and automate Oracle applications. Standard RPA methods successfully automate the majority of client-side technologies and applications. However, these solutions are not sensitive to the unique challenges of Oracle systems, thereby causing frequent errors, complications, and failures in automations— preventing these companies from seeing the results and ROI they’re after.
AuraPlayer’s AuraRPA is an automation tool created specifically for Oracle applications. While all of the standard RPA tools automate applications via the UI by using screen scraping technology, AuraPlayer works directly with Oracle components on the server side, bypassing the UI, and thus avoiding all the above challenges. AuraPlayer’s patented RPA tool introduces a method that finally allows users to create stable automations quickly and easily for any flow within Oracle Forms/EBS.
AuraPlayer is a stand-alone product that will be installed on the customers’ premises or cloud environment. It is a war file that is installed on Tomcat/WebLogic. It can be installed on a dedicated machine or on the same WebLogic machine as the Oracle application is installed. Once installed the customer can generate REST services from Database or Oracle EBS / Forms workflows that can be integrated into UiPath as sequences.
UiPath-AuraPlayer Plug-in - Description
AuraPlayer has a plug-in dedicated to UiPath. The plug-ins helps you easily build a Sequence in UiPath and execute Oracle automation using AuraPlayer. The Plug-in includes several functionalities:
- New wizard that enable selection AuraPlayer RPA directly within UiPath
- New activities that need to be added to some of the the RPAs according to their specific requirements, and needs.
UiPath-AuraPlayer Plug-in - Installation
Via the Package Manager in UiPath, you simply need to add the AuraPlayer Utils. There are two options to add AuraPlayer Utils:
- Via UiPath MarketPlace
- Click on Manage Packages
- Click on Marketplace
- Select the AuraPlayer package
- Via UiPath Settings
- Click on Manage Packages
- Click on Settings
- Add the AuraPlayer package from a file on a disk. - It is a standard .nupkg file as used by UiPath.
- Install the AuraPlayer package
How to Select AuraPlayer RPA
Click AuraPlayer button on UiPath Studio toolbar. You will be able to select any RPA that is managed by AuraPlayer. Only in the first time, you will need to set AuraPlayer Credentials.
When selecting the RPA, a UiPath Sequence with AuraPlayer RPA is created automatically. Now, just set its parameters in UiPath and execute the automatically created Sequence.
- Select AuraPlayer plug-in button in UiPath top toolbar. The first time only you will need to add AuraPlayer server name and credentials.
- Select, for example, RPAUP_GL_add_journals from the list of available RPAs in AuraPlayer, and install is UiPath.
- It will a create a Sequence in UiPath with the selected RPA.
- The RPAUP_GL_add_journals RPA requires a .csv file as one of its parameters. Thus, drag and drop APCsvFileToString activity as the first step of the sequence.
- Set the file path of Journals_lines.csv as input csv_file of APCsvFileToString activity.
- Define the String variable fileStr and set it as the output CSVString of APCsvFileToString activity.
- Use the following arguments for the RPA:
- Save and execute the sequence you have just created.
Export the RPA from AuraPlayer - 2nd way of integration.
As an alternative way, you can login to AuraPlayer, select the RPA and export it to a standard UiPath .xaml file. Then you can just drag and drop the .xaml file into UiPath. Now you can continue working with it in UiPath, as described above.
You can see the full process in action in this training video