AuraTester - Best practices Follow
See below for best practices for performing tests using AuraPlayer.
Running the tests continuously
1. Create Test case - how to
2. Create Test group - how to
3. Run the tests continuously - either by creating a monitoring agent and running periodically upon predefined scheduling, or by connecting to your CI/CD pipeline - monitoring agent
Checking tests results
All tests failed
Something basic is not configured properly, or the system is down.
- Check if the Forms system is up, the DB is up, and that the user performing the tests has valid credentials/responsibility/roles.
- Run one of the tests in AuraPlayer, and check that your license hasn't expired.
- Open the Forms on your desktop, and try to perform one of the flows.
A single test failed
In such a case, only one particular flow has failed. This can occur if the flow was changed and is no longer working the same way as when the test was created.
- Check the error message in AuraPlayer
- Check if all the parameters are correct (Item no longer exists, duplicate PO, etc)
- Check if the validation is correct (validated date that changed)
- Check the status bar messages and popup messages to see if there is a message as to why the test failed.
- Open the Forms on your desktop, perform the exact flow, with the same parameters, and see if you encounter the same issues.
In most cases, you will find out that the flow was changed and the automated test needs to be updated with the new changes you made to your flow.